Since its inception, LRS has worked to develop and refine a comprehensive solution to restore and enhance Utah Lake for the greater public good in an ecologically and fiscally responsible way. LRS has assembled a world-class team of scientists and engineers to help effectuate the project. LRS has also lined up significant funding resources to pay for the restoration work without an increase in taxes. We strive to develop relationships with all stakeholders that are interested in a successful restoration and enhancement of Utah Lake.
Our objectives include the following public and environmental benefits for Utah Lake:
- Restoring the clarity and quality of water.
- Conserving water resources in and around the lake.
- Preserving water storage and water supply functions.
- Removing invasive plant and animal species, including phragmites and carp.
- Restoring littoral zone and other plant communities in and around the lake.
- Restoring and conserving native fish and other aquatic species, including Bonneville cutthroat trout and June Sucker.
- Increasing the suitability of the lake and its surrounding areas for shore birds, waterfowl, and other avian species.
- Improving navigability.
- Maximizing, enhancing, and ensuring recreational access and opportunities.
- Preserving current water rights related to water associated with the lake.
- Improving use for residents and visitors.
Conservation and restoration are core focuses for Lake Restoration Solutions. Our core values include improving the environment, improving habitat for wildlife, and responsible management and conservation of the precious resources we all depend on. We care about ensuring future community growth happens in a way that is ecologically friendly and sustainable, and in harmony with our natural surroundings. Most of all, we care about Utah Lake.
We feel a moral imperative to help correct the human-caused damage on Utah Lake. With the support of the State of Utah and communities around Utah Lake, together we can successfully restore Utah Lake to a clean and healthy resource everyone can enjoy.